Rising Up : 5:00 A.M
Morning Devotion : 7:00 A.M
Breakfast : 8:00 AM
Class Timing : 9:00 A.M – 3:00 P.M
Play Time : 3:30 P.M – 4:30 P.M
Dinner : 5:00 P.M
Vespers : 5:45 P.M
Library hour : 6:30 P.M – 9:00 P.M
As Service to Man is Service to God, AICS is proud to say that Social Work is regularly conducted every Saturday morning 6:30 A.M. As a saying, ‘Cleanliness is next to Godliness’, the neat and tidy campus is maintained by this social work. It is indeed a good time of fellowship as well as a time to impart clean atmosphere to the students.
Worship is part and parcel of Christian life in general and of AICS community members in particular. AICS aims at imparting and inculcating true worship among the students and other members for spiritual and ministerial formation, so that they may grow towards maturity in all aspects of individual life in order that they may be equipped to face the evil forces of the day. In order to bring about spiritual formation and growth, worship is regulated on regular timings as mentioned below, and some principles are laid down to enhance spiritual development in balance with academic life.
Worship services are as scheduled below:
Morning Devotions – 7:00 a.m. (Mon-Fri)
*Tutorial groups will meet on the last Friday of every month in lieu of Morning Devotions.*
Vespers – 6:00 p.m. (Mon-Sat) Eliz Group -7:00-8:00p.m.(Fridays)
Sunday Morning Worship – 10:00 a.m.
Sunday Community Worship:
March-October- 3:30 p.m.
Nov – Feb – 3:00 p.m.
Singspiration (Sunday)- 7:00 p.m.
Fruits meeting – 7:00 a.m.
AICS Sunday school – 10:00 a.m.
All the children of AICS are expected to attend the Fruits meeting on Sunday Morning.
Regarding Sunday School, children will have freedom to attend either at AICS (in English) or at BCM Gilead (in Mizo).
For a more meaningful worship life and equal participation in the worship life, members of the community are divided into three groups – Faculty and Students, Eliz Group (Women) with a woman faculty member as in-charge and The Fruits (Children) with a faculty member as in- charge. There will be collection of offerings in all worship services.
- Morning Devotions (Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m.): Morning Devotions are held Monday-Friday at 7:00 a.m. This is meant for all students and faculty members of the college.
- Vespers: Vespers are held Monday to Saturday at 5:45 p.m.. Vespers are meant specifically for students.
- Sunday Morning Worship Service: Sunday Morning worship service is meant for students and families of Faculty and Staff who do not attend any other local services. However, all the community members are required to attend when there are special programmes, such as Retreat, Thanksgiving Service, etc.
- Sunday School: The community members, except students and non-Mizo speaking communities, are supposed to attend morning worship service and Sunday School at BCM Gilead, Ramrikawn, Aizawl.
However there is a Sunday school for children at 10:00 a.m. under a Faculty in charge and teachers appointed from students. Different classes are properly arranged and BCM Sunday school syllabus is taught in English. But those children who prefer to attend Sunday school at BCM Gilead have freedom to go there.
- Fruits Meeting: In line with the KNP in BCM local churches, there is a separate worship service / fellowship for AICS children called “Fruits” under the leadership of students appointed to be teachers of the Fruits. The time of the worship service is at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday Morning.
- Eliz Group: Eliz Group will meet together for prayer on Friday evenings at 7:00 p.m. in the family quarters in rotation. The faculty in charge will be responsible for Eliz Group worship matters.
- Sunday Community Worship Service: Community Worship at Sunday evening (3:30 p.m. during summer and 3:00 p.m. during winter) is meant for all members of the AICS community, and all are expected to attend worship services. As far as possible, privileges of participation in different capacities are to be given to all members in the worship services. First year students (except Ministerial Trainees, Dip. MS and Dip. CM students), however, will take part in the worship services from the second semester of the First Year onwards.