I am very happy that I could give my first Annual Report as the principal of AICS. I took over the charge of Principal on 25th April, 2019 at 9PM from Rev. Prof. R. Zolawma. I do acknowledge that all things come from God, and at the same time I express my sincere gratitude to the Nomination Committee, Baptist Church of Mizoram, for putting their trust upon me to take up this important responsibility in spite of all my limitations.
There are two important things guiding me in discharging my responsibility as Principal of AICS. 1) I accept that it is God who put me in this important place. Therefore, looking to Jesus, I must do my best to fulfil my duties. 2) I may not have any special talent for my job. However, I will try my best to be impartial, to be free from corruption, and to be honest.
As I have completed my first year as the Principal of this institution, I sincerely express my deep gratitude to my faculty colleagues, staff members and students for their great support, understanding, forbearance and for their contributions in different areas in different ways. I also sincerely thank members of the Board of Theologica Education, and especially our General Secretary and Executive Secretary, Aizawl, who are my human shield and support for all my works as in charge of this institution.
1. Re-opening of the College: While the college was re-opened on 12th June, 2019, with students the beginning of the academic sessions of 2019-2020 might be dated back to 25th April, 2019 in which the new Principal took over the charge in the meeting of Board of Theological Education.
2. Teaching and Non-Teaching staff: We have teaching and non-teaching staff in the current academic sessions as follows:
a) Faculty Members: There are 19 regular teachers, 3 guest/visiting teachers, and 1 part time teacher in the current academic sessions. They are the following:
|1.||Rev.Dr. Vanlalchhawna Khiangte Principal||B.A., B.D., M.Th., D.Th.||Associate Professor, New Testament|
|2.||Rev. Dr. H. Lalthlamuana Vice Principal||M.A., B.D., M.Th., D.Th.||Associate Professor, Ministry (Counseling)|
|3.||Rev. Dr. R. Zolawma||B.Th., B.D., M.Th., D.Th.||Professor, Theology|
|4.||Dr. Andrew Lalhmangaiha||B.Sc. M.Div., M.Th., Ph.D.||Associate Professor, Missiology|
|5.||Dr. Keciziuying Siang||B.Th., B.D., M.Th., D.Th.||Associate Professor, New Testament|
|6.||Mrs. L.H. Nimreila||B.A., B.D., M.Th.||Assistant Professor, Theology|
|7.||Rev. K. Rohmingliani||B.A., B.D., M.Th.||Assistant Professor, Ministry (Homiletics)|
|8.||Mr. Moses Lalrohlua Sailo||B.E.(Mech), M.Th. (Church Music)||Assistant Professor, Church Music|
|9.||Rev. V.L.Hruaia Khiangte||B.A., B.D., M.Th. (waiting for Ph.D.result)||Assistant Professor, History of Christianity|
|10.||Mr. Rampaukube Hekwet||B.A., B.D., M.Th.||Assistant Professor, Missiology|
|11.||Mr. Joel S. Zoramthanga||B.A., B.D., M.Th.||Assistant Professor, Communication|
|12.||Ms. Lalremruati Rokhum||M.A., B.D., M.Th.||Assistant Professor, Women Studies+English|
|13.||Mr. H. Laltlankima||B.E.(Mech), M.Div., M.Th.||Assistant Professor, Missiology|
|14.||Mr. Vanlalpeka||B.A., B.D., M.Th.||Assistant Professor, History of Christianity|
|15.||Mr. Johny C. Lalhmingmawia||B.A., B.D., M.Th.||Assistant Professor, Theology|
|16.||Dr. Lalruatkima||B.A., B.D., M.Th., Ph.D.||Assistant Professor, Religions|
|17.||Rev. H. Ramthianghlima||B.A., B.D., M.Th.||Assistant Professor, Old Testament|
|18.||Rev. Malsawmzuala||B.A., B.D., M.Th.||Assistant Professor, History of Christianity|
|19.||Rev. Dr. K. Lalrinthanga||B.A., B.D., M.Th., Ph.D.||Assistant Professor, Missiology|
Guest teachers (for one year, till April 2020)
|1.||Rev. Dr. F. Hrangkhuma||B.A., B.D., M.Th., Ph.D.||Professor, Missiology & Hist.Xnity|
|2.||Rev. Dr. R.L. Hnuni||B.A., B.D., M.Th., D.Th.||Professor, Old Testament|
|3.||Miss C. Chemtingla Sangtam||M.A., B.D., M.Th., (Waiting for D.Th result).||Assistant Professor, New Testament|
It is very sad that Rev. Dr. F. Hrangkhuma was diagnosed of liver cancer while they were in Kolkata on their way from Bangalore to AICS, after winter vacation. He was operated on 1st February, 2020 in TATA Hospital, Kolkata. He is now improving.
Visiting Professors (for few weeks)
|1||Rev.Dr.Elungkiebe Zeliang||B.A., B.D., M.Th., Ph.D||Associate Professor, History of Christianity|
|2||Rev.Dr.M.Thongkhosei Haokip||B.A, B.D., M.Th., Ph.D.||Associate Professor, History of Christianity|
b) Non-Teaching Staff:
|1.||Mr. C. Lalrinenga||Librarian|
|2.||Ms. Azaile||Library Assistant|
|3.||Ms. Lily Lalsangmawii||L.D.C., Library|
|4.||Ms. Esther Lalngilneii||Library Assistant|
|5.||Rev. Lalhnehliana||Office Assistant|
|6.||Ms. T. Lalramdinmawii||L.D.C. cum Accountant|
|7.||Mr. Lalmuanawma||Work Supervisor|
|8.||Mr. Gospel Lalramzauhva||Academic Office Assistant|
|12.||Ms. R. Lalrinzuali||Cook|
|14.||Mr. K. Lalneihtluanga||Driver|
|15.||Mr. Ashita||Carpenter cum Electrician|
|17.||Mr. Harikar Dev||Chowkidar|
|18.||Mr. Laldenga||Gate Keeper|
|19.||Mr. Laltanpuia||Gate Keeper|
3. Student enrolment in 2019-2020 sessions: We have student enrolment as follows:
M.Th. II (History of Christianity) – 4; M.Th. II (New Testament) – 2;
M.Th. I (History of Christianity) – 6; M.Th. I (New Testament) – 3;
M.Th Total – 15
B.D. IV – 20; B.D. III – 21; B.D. II – 24; B.D. I – 22;
B.D Total – 87
M.Div. III – 7; M.Div. II – 6; M.Div. I – 13;
M.Div Total – 26
Diploma in Mission Studies – 17
Probationary Pastors – 5
GRAND TOTAL – 150
4. 2019 AICS Result: We have the following Final result for 2019:
Master of Theology: We had 2 students in M.Th. (History of Christianity) namely Ms. Moanaro Aier and Ms. Lichumlo M. Odyuo. Both of them passed in High Second Class (B+).
Bachelor of Divinity: We had 26 students and all of them passed. 1 student got A-, 6 students got B+, 12 students got B, 7 students got B-. .
Master of Divinity: Among the 5 students of Master of Divinity (M. Div.) 1 got A-, 3 got B+ and 1 got B.
5. Promotions and new Appointment:
1) Dr. Keciziuying Siang, from the department of New Testament, and Rev. Dr. H. Lalthlamuana, from the department of Christian Ministry (Counselling) were given Associate Professorship by the Board of Theological Education on 25th April, 2019 and 15th October, 2019 respectively.
1) Ms. Esther Lalngilneii was appointed for Library Assistant on fixed-pay by the Board of Theological Education on 15th Oct. 2020.
6. AICS Retreat: We had a successful AICS Annual Retreat during 6-7 July, 2019 with Dr. Rema Chhakchhuak as the Retreat Speaker. The theme of the Retreat was ‘Closer Walk with God’.
7. Students Exchange Programme: We had students exchange programme with Harding Theological College, Tura, Meghalaya for the second consecutive year during the first semester. We sent three B.D.III yr students namely Mr. Lalzoliana, Mr. C.Jonathana and Ms. Lalhlimpuii chinzah in exchange of Mr. Bellan M. Marak, Mr. Chuanglee G. Momin and Ms. Dimre K. Sangma.
8. Lay Leadership Training: Lay Leadership Training was conducted in three places, namely: Aizawl East Pastorate at BCM Chanmari (26-28 April, 2019). BCM Rahsi Veng, Lunglei. (May 30- June 3, 2019). Mission Vengthlang Pastorate at BCM Shalom (3-4 August, 2019).
9. Significant Developments:
a) Renovation of Faculty and Staff quarters: Seven quarters have been renovated by painting at the beginning of the academic sessions. One faculty quarters with only one bed room was extended by adding one more bed room. Partition walls of one staff quarters was changed with new one.
b) Vehicle washing facility: Vehicle washing facility was made inside the campus for vehicles inside the campus and for church leaders who visit AICS.
c) Library extension: Work is going on for the extension of Library.
d) Guest House: Mazuala Memorial Guest House, which has been used for Principal quarters, has been restored for Guest House.
e) Master Plan: Master Plan (Phase II) for AICS Campus has been prepared following the resolution of the Board of Theological Education.
f) Beautification Committee: Beautification Committee for AICS Campus has been formed AICS to take major responsibility for beautification of AICS Campus.
g) Car Garrage: A new car garage to accommodate three cars is under construction.
h) Zero Waste Management project: Zero Waste Management project has been constructed with fund from UD & PA department, government of Mizoram.
i) Mission Building: Construction of Mission building is being continued with donations from different people.
j) Two-Wheeler garage: A two-wheeler garage which accommodates 8 vehicles has been constructed because of the need of the students.
10. BMP Social Work: BMP Aizawl East Pastorate had social work/ group work at AICS on 7th September, 2019. We are very thankful to them.
11. Voluntary Contributions for AICS development: We received voluntary contributions from various people for furtherance of God’s glory in and through AICS. We are very grateful to all these people. We cannot mention all of them here. They are, however, properly kept in official records:
12. Worker who left the college: Dr. F. Chanchinmawia, Assistant Librarian, got a job at Zoram Medical College, and left AICS on 1st August, 2019.
13. Aics Journal: The first issue of AICS JOURNAL (Vol.1, No.1), an academic journal, was released on 14th November 2019, by Rev. Prof. R. Zolawma, outgoing Principal, after morning devotions at Pastor Thanzinga Chapel.
14. AICS Day: AICS Day, 18th anniversary of AICS, was celebrated on 18th October 2019. Rev. Dr. F. Hrangkhuma led morning devotions at 7AM. Funfare was organised by SCMI AICS Unit at 10 AM. The main celebration was at 6:45PM. Rev.Dr.R.Lalthanmawia, Executive Secretary, Aizawl gave exhortation.
15. Senate Prize: In the B.D. result of 2019 Joseph Liansangpuia who got A- grade, received Senate Prize in the subject of Christian Theology.
16. Pastor Refresher Course: Four BCM Pastors, namely Rev. Z.D.Rozuala, Rev. Aibula Fanai, Rev. T.C.Vanlalzuia and Rev. H.Lalremtluanga came to AICS to have Pastors Refresher Course on 23rd November, 2019. They had classes on 25th November, 2019 and they left for Thailand on 26th November, 2019.
17. Pastor Nupui Conference: AICS hosted Pastor wives conference during 10-13 December, 2019. There were around 94 participants, and with all others who came with them there were around 120 people. The speaker of the conference was Rev. F. Sangvela.
18. Winter vacation and New Year re-opening: Winter vacation started on 9th December 2019 and College was re-opened on 8th January, 2020.
21. Schedule for Valedictory Service 2020: Valedictory Service 2020 is scheduled for 19th April, 2020. Rev. F. Ramdinmawia has kindly agreed to give Valedictory Speech. However, there is uncertainty looming around while this report is written because of the outbreak of pandemic Covid-19 (Corona Virus).
God helped us to accomplished many works during this academic year although there are many more works to do. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to BCM, generous donors, all the workers, community members, and to the students who accomplished many works through their regular social work routine every Saturday Morning. We do believe that our faithful God, who made us achieved many things, will continue to help us to make more achievement for His glory.
I would like to invite whoever can come forward to labor with us for the glory of God in whatever way possible.
To God alone be Glory and Honor forever and ever. Amen.