I on behalf of the Students’ Welfare Committee of AICS, congratulate the Editorial Board of Shekina Annual Magazine 2020-2021 for publishing another AICS annual magazine with the theme of “Ebenezer” in the midst of pandemic. Even though we could not function as it used to function in the past. I am very grateful to the editorial board and it is indeed a privilege and honour for me to give annual report of the Students’ Welfare Committee 2020-2021.
SWC stands for the welfare of the students’ community and mediate between the college authority/Faculty Council. SWC is one of the functionaries of the administration, and act responsibly in all matters pertaining to the welfare of students in tune with the vision of AICS. The SWC also receive a great support from the students, as well as from the faculty council to achieve our plan and project in the midst of the pandemic.
The following are the annual report during the academic session 2020-2021.
- Members of SWC: The SWC members consists of all AICS students of different courses (B.D, M.Div, M.Th, DMS) from various state in North East India and outside India.
- Office Bearers:
Chairperson : Rev. Dr. Vanlalchhawna Khaingte, Principal, AICS
Secretary : J.Lalrinawma, B.D Final year
Asst. Secretary : Lalfakawma Tlangte B.D-III
Treasure : Lalnunpari Hrangkhawl M.Div-III
- Executive Committee Members: For the executive committee members, it has been decided that class representative of each classes will be appointed automatically.
- Lalnunzira B.D Final Year
- B.Lalhruaitluanga B.D-III
- Zoherliana Chawngthu B.D-II
- Lalruatsanga Chhakchhuak B.D-I
- Lalrintluanga M.Th-II
- Vanlalhlana M.Div Final Year
- Ojit Molsom M.Div-II
- C.Lalramzauva M.Div-I
- Annual Report
In the past year the SWC used to organize activities like Fresher’s Nite, Teacher’s Day, Independence Day and Republic Day. But during this session due to the pandemic all this activities were not held.
- Membership fee: The SWC collected Rs 50/- for membership from each and every students. The valuable contributions were made used for buying medicine for the students as well as giving condolence to students who lost their blood relative to show our love and care for them.
- Medical support: The SWC could not provide all the need of the students but it try it level best so for that it takes responsibility in providing some medicine for the students for urgent need.
- Condolence: It is the usual practice of the SWC to give condolence to the students who lost their blood relatives staying under one roof. Condolence is given to them in the form of written memoriam and it was given to one student.
- Scholarship: As usual the committee continues to apply scholarship for the students.
- Others: During the academic year our beloved brother/friends Mr. Lalzoliana of B.D-IV has met an accident on 26thAugust an answer the heavenly call on 3rd Sept 2020.In the midst of pandemic Mrs. Rose Ell 26/3/1952-22/7/2020 and Mr. J.Para 1/3/1962-11/2/2021 mother and father Samuel L. Khawbung B.D-IV and Mrs TC. Tlangziki m/o H. Laltlawmlova of B.D-II has promoted to glory. “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his faithful ones.” (Psalm 116:15).
Finally, my sincere thanks and gratitude goes to God the almighty who show his guidance and gave me strength and health throughout this session. I also give thanks to the faculty council for entrusting me to hold this post and also to the principal for the support and idea he shares for the SWC. Last but not the least I give thanks to all the students for the kind cooperation throughout the session.
May God Bless You All
May God Bless AICS